Less than 5 years
Posted 105 days ago
TheProject Manager -Construction acts insupport of the Division Manager of Planning Design andConstruction by independently leading and directing multiple projects or a single large project of moderate to high complexity. The PM will follow establishedprocesses to assure projects are initiated with total alignment between the project sponsor,budget and scope. The PM will be capable of guiding and directing the planning, design andconstruction process to assure project objectives of cost,schedule and scope are maintained throughout. The PM will be capable of effectively developing the scope of projects during the capital planning process and will be capable of building an execution plan for the project upon capital approval. The PM will be comfortable addressing the multiple dimensions of a healthcare development project – planning, design management,construction,information technology, medical equipment and project close-out/activation. Successful candidates will demonstrate a history of independent problem solving and capacity to manage multiple priorities and sometimes conflicting demands. Candidates must be capable of effectively communicating project status to executive leadership. The successful candidatewill be able to demonstrate past success building highly effective teams that excel at collaboration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Minimum Years Previous Experience:
• 4 years of total project management experience required including:
• Experience managing implementations of multiple projects concurrently and
• Facilitation of project tasks, risk and issues management.
1. Responsible for managing all aspects of the project lifecycle (Scoping, Planning, Implementing, and Closeout). Becomes a close partner with the project sponsor to assure that their priorities are a point of focus for the entire project team.
2. Assist in formulating the design, bid, and construction phase scheduling for each construction project.
3. Provide support for the procurement process including overall bidding strategy for project, distribution of bidding documents, tracking of bidders and management of data. Manage development of work scopes and mentor others on their creation. Receive/evaluate bids and participate in post-bid reviews. Write contracts, both standard contracts and more complex types such as professional services or design-assist.
4. Provides hands-on leadership and process improvement subject matter expertise to project teams and mid-level management.
5. Ensures that assigned projects are conducted in accordance with CHI project management methodology, approved project plan and stakeholder expectations; uses, and trains others on, CHI SLH’s project management methodology and associated tools.
6. Understands where projects fit into Master Plan to ensure there are no project conflicts affecting sequencing of work. Collaborates with department leaders and staff to ensure proper sequencing and assures department’s needs are addressed during planning and implementation.
7. Identifies, assesses and manages potential or actual project risk (e.g. budgetary non-compliance, scope control, missed deadlines/milestones, etc.); devises and implements effective strategies and contingency plans to mitigate or resolve issues within scope of authority.
8. Plans and conducts regular team meetings; prepares (or oversees the preparation of) progress/status/problem resolution/change request reports and related material for management review. Facilitates stage gate reviews and project updates.
9. Develops, manages, and evaluates capital budgets for assigned projects; assists with development of projected costs; manages utilization of operational and capital funds, based upon the project budget; tracks, monitors and approves expenditures.
10. Ensures controls processes are in place to measure delivery productivity.
11. Prepares and facilitates vendor selection processes, including writing Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
12. Serves as point-person for internal and external project communications; ensures that project milestones, completion dates, costs, risks, contingencies and other significant matters are communicated on a regular basis to team members and stakeholders.
13. Assures that Facilities Management colleagues are effectively involved with project delivery to allow for input on life-cycle cost evaluations and downstream operational needs.