Project Manager - Construction Risk Managment
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Partner is seeking a Full Time ConstructionRisk ManagementProject Manager to perform all Project Managementresponsibilities including planning, executing, reviewing, and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budget.
ConstructionRisk Management is a comprehensive program of 3rd-party services designed to minimize the risk of construction lending. ConstructionRisk Management Services include:
Document and Cost Review
Code Compliance Inspection
Construction Progress Monitoring
Pay Application Review (Funds Control)
Cost to Complete
Pre-Construction Document and Cost Analysis
Partner offers full-service engineering, environmental and energy consulting and design services throughout the Americas, Europe, and around the globe. As a leading firm in the CRE industry, we have 700+ employees in more than 40 offices. We want to be the best home for talented professionals in our field! We know that if we hire the best and the brightest, the clients will come and we will continue to build our company. Our internally focused mission has led to Partner being recognized on ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms List, LABJ’s 100 Fastest Growing List, Inc. 5000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America, and Zweig’s Best Firms to Work For. Our entrepreneurial environment is one where each person can have an impact. Join our team of talented people!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
· Manage multiple projects concurrently
· Oversee quality of Partner's deliverables throughout the project's life cycle.
· Coordinating the efforts of Partner team members, and at times Partner Associates (PAs) in order to deliver projects according to plan
· Cultivate strong relationships with the Partner team members and the Client in order to successfully deliver a quality product on time
· Conduct occasional inspections
· Occasionally write reports
· Overall responsibility of all portions of the services/reports being provided, including text and appendices.
· Communicate with client relationship managers (RM) re, Professional Associates (PAs) regarding scope-of-work (SOW) and client expectations throughout the term of the project.
· Effectively communicate project expectations (i.e. Client-specific SOW, templates) to team members and assessors in a timely and clear fashion throughout the course of the project.
· Provide solid recommendations and solutions to RMs and clients, while understanding the assessment’s potential impact on the transaction process.
· Identify and resolve issues with projects.
· Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or e-mail), recommendations to the RM and Client.
· Manage client follow-up, questions, and concerns.
· Communicate and coordinate follow-up questions with PAs during review process
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members.
· Coordinate and respond to client requests for changes in project scope.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
· Ability to work on projects concurrently
· Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
· Exceptional writing skills
· Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team
· Understand design concepts, construction components and funding/payment processes as it relates to construction projects
· Proficient in project estimating/proposals; report author; quality assurance (QA).
· Bachelor Degree from accredited university in architecture, construction management and or engineering discipline.
· 5-7 years relevant experience in construction or construction related field such as architecture, construction management and/or engineering.
· Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
· Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
· Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen