New York, NY
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 106 days ago
Partner is seeking a Full Time ConstructionRisk ManagementProject Manager to perform all Project Management responsibilities including planning, executing, reviewing, and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budget.
ConstructionRisk Management is a comprehensive program of 3rd-party services designed to minimize the risk of construction lending. ConstructionRisk Management Services include:
Document and Cost Review
Code Compliance Inspection
Construction Progress Monitoring
Pay Application Review (Funds Control)
Cost to Complete
Pre-Construction Document and Cost Analysis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
· Manage multiple projects concurrently
· Oversee quality of Partner's deliverables throughout the project's life cycle.
· Coordinating the efforts of Partner team members, and at times Partner Associates (PAs) in order to deliver projects according to plan
· Cultivate strong relationships with the Partner team members and the Client in order to successfully deliver a quality product on time
· Conduct occasional inspections
· Occasionally write reports
· Overall responsibility of all portions of the services/reports being provided, including text and appendices.
· Communicate with client relationship managers (RM) re, Professional Associates (PAs) regarding scope-of-work (SOW) and client expectations throughout the term of the project.
· Effectively communicate project expectations (i.e. Client-specific SOW, templates) to team members and assessors in a timely and clear fashion throughout the course of the project.
· Provide solid recommendations and solutions to RMs and clients, while understanding the assessment’s potential impact on the transaction process.
· Identify and resolve issues with projects.
· Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or e-mail), recommendations to the RM and Client.
· Manage client follow-up, questions, and concerns.
· Communicate and coordinate follow-up questions with PAs during review process
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members.
· Coordinate and respond to client requests for changes in project scope.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
· Ability to work on projects concurrently
· Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
· Exceptional writing skills
· Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team
· Understand design concepts, construction components and funding/payment processes as it relates to construction projects
· Proficient in project estimating/proposals; report author; quality assurance (QA).
· Bachelor Degree from accredited university in architecture, construction management and or engineering discipline.
· 5-7 years relevant experience in construction or construction related field such as architecture, construction management and/or engineering.
· Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
· Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
· Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen