In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
Manage new construction projects to ensure constructionschedules are met and all projects meet constructionspecifications. Ensure project conforms to design intent of Choice new construction prototypes, costs are in alignment with strategic corporate goals, and projects are in conformance with drawings approval of Architectural Design. Perform site visits and prepare field reports for new construction projects to ensure conformance with brand image and standards. In addition, help architectural design team on architectural drawing reviews.
This role is responsible for the following territory: Midwest
What you will do…
- Inspect project construction site to ensure compliance with hotel design and construction brand standards, and issue professional reports for tracking project progress. Monitor project progress from approval of final plans to turnover to Opening Services OPD.
- Provide appropriate resolution of licensee & construction related concerns as the franchiser's representative, in context of approved design intent and plans. Communicate with architect, contractors, licensee management and internal CHI team members regarding new construction requirements and issues.
- Support all hotels with architectural design plan reviews, project plan reviews for all domestic projects. Work closely with onboarding, Franchise Development, Portfolio Management, etc. teams on managing design exceptions/variances. Provide guidance to licensees regarding Rules & Regulations interpretation and prototype design adaptation while advancing the use of prototype designs.
- Provide general technical assistance on new constructionprocesses and projects, and basic means and methods of construction
- Provide “lessons learned” input from the field to architectural Design & onboarding groups on Choice prototypes, as it relates to value engineering, construction details and licensee feedback
- Reinforce advantages of utilizing Choice approved vendors and services during the building and purchasing stages of each hotel. And Communicate new prototype costs, including knowledge of category breakdown, to licensee community, along with design intent, strategic goals of new construction prototypes, etc.
Skills you have…
- Four-yeardegree in Construction Management and/or a degree in Architecture or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- A minimum of (5) five years of practical construction site supervisionexperience within the hotel industry is required
- Ability to handle complexity of construction and architectural related projects with contractors, architects and Product Design & Program teams is essential.
- High level of travel is required
- Customer service orientation is essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Working knowledge of project management software is preferred
- Able to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of accountability, collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, innovation, inclusion & diversity, integrity & trust, customer focus, and respect.