Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $50 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Corporate Support Services Team.
The Project Manager, Communications Delivery is the primary liaison for coordinating, processing, streamlining and tracking ICMA-RC’s cross-divisional marketing and communications collateral distributed to plan sponsors, participants, consultants and other target audiences. The Project Manager is responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements methods.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Oversee, coordinate, and ensure quality control of time-sensitive communications distribution, including mailings, emails, and messaging in support of corporate initiatives, marketing, and sales efforts, applying experience with identifying targeted audiences based on established objectives.
• Initiate and lead kick-off meetings for recurring/periodic communications distribution projects to review specific criteria and overall procedures, with increasing knowledge and understanding of terminology specific to various departments; applying proactive practices and an ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Serve as the lead in submitting ad hoc mailing list criteria requests. Work closely with cross-divisional requestors (including, but not limited to, Marketing, Sales, Client Services, PM&D, IT, Administrative Services, and Legal) to ensure accurate completion of communications distribution.
• Work closely with Corporate Services to ensure proper postage and envelopes are printed and delivered to appropriate vendor for mailings; collaborate with relevant teams regarding upcoming emails/mailings; and serve as liaison between associates and external vendors.
• Attend cross-divisional meetings to provide procedural feedback and guidance for correspondence processing. Assist associates in other divisions on the procedures and workflow for their email/mailing projects.
• Conduct timely review, monitoring, and recording of major communications efforts on the Communications Marketing Calendar, ensuring timing of communications are coordinated with Investor/Client Services; update calendar in a timely manner, including updates from various divisions.
• Work with internal and external resources to manage inventory of collateral (e.g., stationery, brochures, enrollment kits, forms, etc.), including coordination with Request Fulfillment on marketing and communications materials and processes, and updates to the Online Publications Library and Salesforce.
• Other duties as assigned, within the scope of the position Requirements If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience; 5-7 years of experience
• 5+ years experience in related role project management and distribution of marketing materials collaterals. Exposure to direct marketing in a financial services environment preferred. Some knowledge of public sector retirement plans is a plus.
• Knowledge of Postal Service regulations and procedures
• List management skills
• Familiarity with budget oversight
• Demonstrated familiarity with print and electronic messaging distribution methods for both internal and external communications processes
• Ability to apply strong attention to details in the management of multiple projects effectively across multiple divisions, within tight deadlines and in a dynamic environment
• Proven experience with identifying process improvements.
• Experience with Quality Control
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines and pressure, with a process that involves risk
• Demonstrated project coordination skills
• Strong Independent Worker (requires little supervision) with critical thinking skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word and Excel a must, Access a plus)
• Strong Writing and Proofing Skills
• Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with various levels of associates in other departments
• Knowledge of Investments, Retirement Plans, and ICMA-RC’s operating systems
• SQL queries with Oracle preferred