WSP is currently seeking a Senior Engineer/Project Manager to join our Municipal Transportation department, located at our Oakville office. Reporting to the Department Manager this position will be responsible for leading and managing municipal roadway and transit-oriented design projects for typically private sector Clients.
- Comprehensive management and control of all aspects of assigned projects to achieve the client’s prescribed scope, time, cost and quality objectives through the application of formal project management process, techniques, and procedures;
- Plan, execute, and control the project through all phases from initial feasibility through preliminary design/definition, detailed design, construction, commissioning and validation;
- Directing and coordinating the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team (internal staff, external consultants, contractors and suppliers) to achieve the Client’s objectives consistent with the scope of services to be provided;
- Assists with staff development, providing input and recommendations related to staff needs, performance and remuneration;
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that the required functions of the project are satisfactorily performed;
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations;
- Clients may be both internal and external to WSP;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University or college degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of road design and construction;
- Professional designation and/or PMP certification is an asset;
- Minimum of eight years demonstrated experience with project management or senior engineeringresponsibilities;
- Experienced in report and proposal writing;
- Experience in AutoCAD, Microstation and Bentley In Roads software will set you apart from your peer group;
- Experienced in project management on municipal road and/or transit design projects;
- Experience within an engineering consulting environment is preferred;
- Experience in urban mobility and/or highway design will set you apart from your peer group;
- Strong leadership, negotiation, communication and customer relationship skills are essential;
- Familiarity with City of Toronto, GTHA municipalities, TAC and OPS standards and guidelines will be an asset;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).