Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Project Manager who will have primary responsibility for the 1CMC project under direction of CMC Americas Engineering. Our project size is typically in $1M to $15M range over a two-yearduration. The Project Manager will be responsible for organizing and building the project team either from within CMC or from outside and accountable for the team’s performance of the project. The Project Manager will be responsible for reporting project status, risk management, and resolution of all issue with the primary objective of ensuring the project is delivered within budget, on schedule, within agreed upon scope of work and within a targeted safety IRR. Candidates should be a well-rounded individual with skills ranging from design engineering to construction management. The ideal candidate will harbor a passion for design and construction and devote his or her creativity to the project. The Project Manager’s job is to oversee the project from conception to finished deliverable, interfacing with both construction professionals and project stakeholders. Although travel requirements will vary, the Project Manager will be required to be on site close to 100% of the time when major construction is underway. The job includes both hands-on and administrative duties.
Essential Functions andResponsibilities
• Work with the stakeholders from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
• Oversee the beginning of each project, including details such as CER submission and design evaluations
• Create the schedule for each project and match talent to the job
• Approve all contracts and invoices. Coordinate project scope change approvals.
• Provide environment for project team members to learn project management skills
• Collaborate with the engineer/vendor and construction professionals to ensure feasibility of project
• Conduct meetings as needed with engineers, vendors, stakeholders and contractors
• Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
• Know when additional help from CMC Procurement is needed
• Prepare and submit project reports to stakeholders
• Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and state regulations are met for the construction project
• Experienced planning outage work schedules and supervising contractors to accomplish installation goals.
• Capable of managing multiple project designs, scopes, budgets, and installations.
• Fluent and effective at creating technical descriptions for both operators and maintenance.
• Coordinate development of project procedures manual and work plan
• Complete project with construction safety record which exceeds industry standards
Experienceand Skill Requirements
• 8-15 years of experience in manufacturing or other similar businesses
• Ability to read all disciplines of construction and fabrication drawings
• Thorough understanding of construction safety rules and procedures
• History of meeting established target dates for projects
• Extensive experience managing large construction projects
• Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
• Understanding of risk management policies and procedures
• Ability to work within project scope and budget
• Coordinate and lead meetings
• Experienced with field work and understanding the customer’s needs
• Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred. AutoCAD skills are a plus.
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Must be a champion for safety on and around the construction work site.
• Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors and customers
• Be dedicated and have a passion for perfection; self-motivated and self-directed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; will act as liaison between businesses.
• Confident; but able to seek help when necessary
• Ability to work under pressure
• Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
• Understand the importance of commitment
• Creative thinker
• Quick Learner
• Able to communicate all needs to everyone involved with the project
• Will vary; dependent upon project requirements
• Typically, 25 to 40% Travel, up to 100% during major construction timeline or temporary relocation
• BS Engineering or Project ManagementDegree or equivalent experiencerequired
• PMI certification is preferred