Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
We are currently accepting applications for a motivated, self-directed Project Manager, for our Denver, Colorado office. The ideal candidate has experience managing commercial construction projects around $10M -$40M (contract value).
The Project Manager is responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities to quality standards, while maintaining relationships with all stakeholders on assigned projects. This individual will often oversee multiple medium-sized projects, a single large-sized project, or an assigned scope on a single, large, complex project. The Project Manager is expected to demonstrate leadership by following company standards and policies, achieving shared goals, developing others and building high morale and commitment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage project schedule; identify and address long lead items; update project plan as required; initiate changes to ensure adherence
- Negotiate and execute change orders, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Complete monthly project status reports, owner billings and financial risk assessments
- Identify and recommend value engineering and scope reduction opportunities
- Ensure project safety plan is completed and communicated to project team and subcontractors
- Assist with preconstruction efforts
- Manage buy-out process
- Detect constructability issues with project design
- Understand contract terms, budgets, insurances, bonds and change orders; ensure adherence including work progress being within scope
- Recommend staff development needs, disciplinary actions, job assignments and promotions
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: industry-related college degree is required; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience: At least seven (7) years' of commercial construction experience is required, including project management experience. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful.
- Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with or be able to learn specific project management and scheduling software (ex: JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta). Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.