5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Project Manager for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Uses project management methodologies to manage and direct all phases of the IT projects. PM should follow processes and practices established by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This individual will work closely with the Bureau of Information Technology this includes, but is not limited to:
- Prepares status reports and communicates progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones, and other key project metrics to project stakeholders and agency management.
- Develop and maintain project documentation throughout entire project lifecycle, including project charter and detailed project plan in accordance with QIPM policy.
- Ensure project deliverables, milestones and required tasks are completed as planned.
- Organizes and conducts team meetings.
- Works with team to define project scope and requirements.
- Creating work plan and monitoring performance of work effort, timelines and taking corrective action when needed.
- Maintaining project plan using Microsoft Project.
- Assist with project communications.
- Work with agency staff, State IT and Vendors.
- Closing the project.
- Oversee and coordinate user testing and validation to accept system migrations. As required and needed, analyze and document prospective business process methods and techniques.
- Coordinate with management and technical personnel to analyze and recommend the best solutions for implementation of the assigned project.
- Communicate as necessary within all levels of the agency the project plan and progress.
- Determine, recommend, and implement risk mitigation plans and facilitate problem resolution.
- The position will be utilized for 40hours per week for the duration of this project.
- The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
- The candidate will work closely with the Bureau of Information Technology,
- The position will work with program area team members to ensure that all business requirements are met.
- The position promotes agency initiatives and adheres to Information Technology and security standards to support business operations. This project will also include implementation of security procedures and controls as well as documentation associated with that implementation.
- Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cybersecurity policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.)
Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Experience with Industry Standard Information Security Practices
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise level systems architectures.
- Experience with Project Management of large enterprise level projects with proven implementation success.
- Ability to develop, communicate and present project documentation and reports.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodologies
- Experience in Agile/Scrum.
- Knowledge of Information Technology field, best practices, organization and operations.
- Expert with Microsoft Project
- Expert with Microsoft Office Products
Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
- Ability to integrate technical systems with agency goals and objectives.
- Previous experience with Data Center Migrations.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience. Possesses 5-7years of relevant work experience.
- PMI, PMP Certifications