As a Project Manager with Graycor Construction Company, you will have the authority to drive successful project results, moving your projects from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while maintaining the highest quality standards. This role will focus within our refrigerated cold storage & temperature-controlled manufacturing/processing market division.
- At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To: Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent Graycor as the client's primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site. This typically includes a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Graycor Construction Company, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
- To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant construction operations experience managing refrigerated manufacturing and distribution center construction projects.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The ability to travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region as necessary.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6.