Our Project Manager will lead project teams in the management and successful delivery of assigned projects while maintaining a strong relationship with our clients. They will be responsible for the day to day management of client projects and ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and according to the agreed upon scope of work. The role will be a customer advocate and maintain strong relationships with Business Development, as well as, serve as the bridge between our clients, internal teams and partners in order to manage the operational execution of projects.
To be considered for U.S.-based positions unless currently employed by WCG, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by start date.
Location: US / Remote
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or 3 to 5 years related experience in a clinical project management environment (CRO, pharmaceutical company, or other centralized service provider used in clinical studies) or the equivalent combination of education, skills and experience to perform the job.
- PMP Certification desired.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of related experience to include clinical project management environment (CRO, pharmaceutical company or other centralized service provider used in clinical studies)
- Must have at least three (3) years of demonstrated project management experience, managing all stages of project-life cycle, from developing complete project plans and executing the management and implementation of those plans on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated leadership capability and proficiency in independent thought and reasoning abilities with a commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage, motivate, and integrate a team.
- Ability to communicate/escalate program issues and negotiate difficult issues internally and externally.
- Strong financial acumen required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management and forecasting skills.
- Knowledge of project management software tools and management techniques.
- Excellent problem solving/decision making skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Proven negotiation skills with the ability to lead through influencing and negotiating.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to utilize technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service.
- Strong facilitation and coordination skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to multi-process, delegate project tasks.
- A strong understanding of the clinical trial/drug development process
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with a strong understanding of ICH/GCP
- Cross cultural awareness and ability to adapt appropriately
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project and the ability to produce detailed reports and presentations using these tools.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing solution-based approaches to project issues and customer relationship management.
- Lead all internal and external communications, promote continuous improvement in all aspects of the role and promote customer excellence.
- This project management role has principal accountability for the execution of the client agreed upon project timeline.
- Ownership of the execution of the clinical project coordinating the interface between the client and our company for assigned project/service solutions.
- Responsible for the execution of programs and projects which include management of tasks for solution planning, analysis, configuration, and execution.
- Responsible for developing and participating in implementing business and system best practices.
- Ownership and management of the relationship with business and executive stakeholders (internal and external).
- Proactively identify potential risks and issues & create strategy for contingency planning and risk mitigation.
- Responsible for the creation and execution against project plans and timelines, including planning and scheduling project goals, milestones and deliverables across internal groups.
- Define project schedules, allocate resources, and monitor progress.
- Clear understanding of the Company’s strategy & goals with the ability to align against the department strategy and goals.
- Successfully meet project objectives by aligning and tracking those objectives to the company strategy/goals, ensuring project team is delivering upon objectives.
- Responsible for identification and mitigation of potential issues, effectively escalating to all appropriate parties, as well as, ensuring a proper resolution.
- Ownership of project scope including monitoring and managing changes to scope, as well as, effectively communicating to appropriate stakeholders.
- Present services at external client meetings