Project Manager - Civil/Site Engineering
Department:NYPC-Long IslandLocation:Hauppauge, NY
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Long Island, New York team is looking for a Project Manager to join our Long Island Land Development team.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work within a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Manage work and development of other staff
- Manage small, medium or large projects
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 7+ years of professional civil engineering experience focusing on land development and civil/site engineering
- EIT required with the ability to obtain Professional Engineering license within 12 months
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Experience in Long Island is preferred
- Understanding of the review processes of Nassau & Suffolk Counties as well as Long Island Town and Villages desired
- CAD experience required, GIS experience desired
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.