A successful candidatewill have experience managing multiple small-scale projects for a variety of business owners and be highly competent in business analysis best practices. The Project Manager will grow knowledge of supported technology areas to have clear understanding of current and future technology requirements of the business and grow to take on larger scale projects. The Project Manager reports to the Director of IT Programs and is based at City Yearheadquarters in Boston, MA.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and governance committees. Establish and maintain effective relationships with all members of the organization and gain their trust and respect.
- Develop project scope and goals for relevant projects in support of business goals.
- Create and maintain business cases and project plans, estimating level of effort, deadlines; monitor milestone completion; provide timely reporting of issues that impact project progress; coordinate actions and resolve conflicts.
- Elicit and document business and solution requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis as appropriate
- Recommend project priorities and conduct analysis of risks and costs versus benefits of various solutions.
- Conduct project meetings with project teams regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Create visual models, flow charts, screen mockups, data models, and other specification components that facilitate simplification and abstraction.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with Business Systems Management Team to conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Design and implement business processes using best practices to satisfy business requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Office, and Visio
- Experiencewith requirements management methods and technologies
- Familiarity with configuration management and test management processes and technologies
- Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Customer relationship management (CRM), Enterprise resource planning (ERP), Student Information Systems (SIS), or collaboration platforms
- At least 2 years of professional experience related to business analysis or project management and working in an environment managing multiple, concurrent projects with shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Proficiency in enterprise analysis, requirements planning and management, requirements elicitation, requirements analysis and documentation, requirements communication and solution assessment and validation
- Strong initiative and follow through, organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Proven experience in leading, participating, or assisting in systems implementation for enhancements using an software development lifecycle, formal requirements and project management methodologies and tools
- Experience creating business cases including assessing the business problem and potential solutions as well as estimates for project cost vs. benefit
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Degree from 4 year college program or equivalent workexperience
- Appreciation for City Year’s mission and strategy
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- A cover letter that exhibits strong communication skills, project experience, and connection to City Year’s Mission