Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial construction? We're seeking Project Manager candidates for construction projects in our Lansing Michigan region. To be considered for this position, candidates should have a degree in construction management, civil engineering, or a related field, five or more years of experience in the construction industry, and have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals. Candidates with experience in the healthcare market are preferred.
As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities will include allocating project resources, establishing subcontract agreements, and executing contractual risk protections while creating a positive safety climate.
This person will be responsible for planning and delivering projects typically ranging from $5-120 million, developing budgets hands-on, and providing leadership to the construction project team. Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write proposals, monthly reports and other related project documentation.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes.
- Learning Orientation: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the Christman team.
Best suited candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- Five years or more of construction project leadership experience.
- Successful completion of classes or other training or experience in construction management, project management, safety, communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
- Demonstrated success in project management positions requiring professionalism and integrity.