A Project Manager in CareerBuilder's PMO (Project Management Office) is responsible for superior implementation, delivery and management of key internal projects and initiatives aligned with the organization's strategic goals.
For each project that the Project Manager is aligned to, he/she is responsible for understanding the scope and expected outcomes to be achieved to the degree that they can report on progress, risk, and estimated completion targets. The person in the role must execute effective scoping techniques within their project team(s) to ensure our organization can deliver on the right outcome at the right time and with the right resources. Through day-to-day oversight of assigned projects throughout the duration of the project(s) timeline, the person in this role should be able to measure and report on the active progress towards completion of all projects assigned and take corrective action where needed.
The person in this role must be an effective communicator with the ability to raise awareness about project delays, resource constraints and/or dependency conflicts. This person is also responsible for identifying, communicating and vocalizing process inefficiencies within their project team(s), managing these up to their leadership for resolution.
- Exercise organizational, leadership, and stakeholder management skills towards the delivery of small to medium strategic initiatives and business realization.
- Execute project management standards and methodologies which are consistent and reusable across projects.
- Implement strong project management practices through full project lifecycle (estimating, cost-benefit analysis, activity planning and sequencing, time management, cost management, issue management, risk management, change request management, and decision tracking).
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. Monitor, report and present progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Formulate project classification, define and manage project scope, goals and deliverables, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Actively participate in all requirements gathering and solution design sessions.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Develop a detailed project plan to track progress for all assigned projects.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders and all project communications. Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Coordinate internal resources and/or third parties/vendors for the seamless execution of projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; in Business, Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- 5-7 years overall experiencerequired
- 3-5 years as Project Manager, Delivery Manager or related discipline required
- PMP, Agile Project Management, and/or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience facilitating meetings with executive level management and leading project teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage competing demands
- Critical to manage your time and that of others
- Proactive self-starter
- High attention to detail
- Change and time management
- Proficient in all modes of communication: written, verbal and formal presentation
- Translate detailed information into key takeaways
- Call for action to manage escalating issues
- Adapt to varying communication levels and styles
Strategic and Analytic Thinker
- Accountability using resources as if they were your own
- Conflict and risk management
- Bring structure to a variety of different projects
- Identify potential road blocks and pitfalls and create contingency plans
- Use data and collective information to diagnose trends
- Willingness to adapt to change regarding project type, communication styles and process improvements
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Able to work and collaborate with diverse personalities, roles and backgrounds
- Team player with a focus on quality
- High EQ/Emotional Intelligence
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Project, OneNote, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Aptitude for investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving complex technical issues
- Fundamental understanding of Software as a Service and Information Technology