DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs, leads and is accountable for all phases of the project.
- Ensures project operations are executed in accordance with company project management procedures and policies.
- Participates in preparation and negotiation of owner contracts and ensures delivery and adherence to contractual requirements and that all aspects of owner contracts are accomplished.
- Assists owner in the procurement of design professional and consultant services and administers contracts.
- Prepares project budget, maintains cost control information, identifies cost impacts and provides recommendations for cost control.
- Prepares master project schedule, ensures preparation of constructionschedule, assesses any delays and enforces schedule conformance.
- Manages and coordinates the design review process and participates in value engineering sessions.
- Ensures contractor bid interest, organizes and directs pre-bid conference, analyzes bid results and recommends bidder for contract award.
- Organizes and directs pre-construction conference.
- Oversees and evaluates preconstruction and construction progress and team performance to ensure conformance with schedule, budget and contractual requirements.
- Implements and maintains effective systems of communication within and outside the project to ensure constructive relationships and the adequate flow of information.
- Ensures preparation and distribution of construction observation reports, progress status reports, schedules, pay applications and cost control reports.
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of effective document control mechanisms for the project including as builts, submittals and requests for information.
- Estimates, negotiates, recommends and distributes change orders to owner, design team and contractor.
- Manages pay application process to ensure accurate submissions and timely transmittal of approved pay applications to owner for processing.
- Manages project job costs in accordance with Kitchell budget, updates forecastingschedule and processes billings to ensure profit objectives are achieved.
- Oversees orderly project closeout efforts, organization of project documentation and coordination of warranty work.
- Identifies and manages risk on the project, and advises and confers with regional executive prior to implementing risk mitigation actions.
- Supports and participates in business development and marketing efforts including the preparation of proposals and presentations for new work and active participation in the business community.
- Actively participates on internal teams that focus on continuous improvement of the company.
- Ensures workplace health and safety policies and procedures are clearly communicated and understood by direct reports and enforces rules fairly and uniformly.
- Proactively manages the training and professional development of direct reports.
- Facilitates and ensures the continuous and effective execution of the performance management process for direct reports.
- Manages the staffing and compensation of direct reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction management industry including current conditions and industry network.
- Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software required, and project management (P6) and scheduling database (Prolog) software preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the advanced ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to a project team.
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, communication and building teamwork.
- Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people development, profitability and managing change.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive and position related work experience in construction management, and at least 2 years related work experience managing two or more employees required.
- LEED Professional Accreditation and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred.
- Experience in the correctional market desired, however not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
- Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.