A member of the Engineering department, this position is responsible for the execution of capital & maintenance projects supporting our bottling, canning and aseptic process lines. This position requires working on Production floor to support equipment startups, troubleshooting and may require up to 30% of travel to other Lyons facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the mission, values and vision of the company.
- Leads in project scope development with Operations, safety, food safety teams and ensures delivered final product meets business needs.
- Provides technical resource experience to all operations teams as support to their efficiency improvement programs.
- Provides RFQ documents for all operations capital projects that assures requested proposals for equipment and systems will meet project requirements. Schedule, budget, coordinate project objectives within budgetary limits and reporting status.
- Process engineering and equipment layout, integration, and specification services for projects that include a comparative analysis and executive summary for senior management.
- Manage all project related contractors and vendors associated with equipment and system installation, training and start up to assure contractual obligations are met within scope and timeline. Vendor equipment investigation, selection, price negotiation, coordination, and procurement efforts related to projects.
- Analyzes and resolves project related problems or assists vendors/contractors in problem solving.
- Assist with coordinating vendor/contractor training for projects as needed.
- Contributes and supports facility management with continuous development of the facilities work systems, processes and equipment.
- Management of Process & Package Specifications & Sourcing.
- Participate in monthly and/or weekly project reviews for technical and design concerns with Senior Management.
- Must be able to react to different situations and make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work independently and perform duties with minimal direction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across multiple departments and different levels of the teams and senior management.
- Escalate technical, procedural, and personnel related issues to Director as necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of Auto-CAD.
Working knowledge of PLC, RS Logix and Wonderware.
Working knowledge of maintenance management, CMMS's, root cause & problem solving.
Strong project management skills.
Familiarity with high speed food manufacturing processes related to Chocolate, fruit flavors, drink bases, or confectionary is desirable.
Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and an aptitude for detail and strong organizational abilities is required.
Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with customers (internal and external) and vendors.
Travel is required; occasional Holiday, weekend/evening work schedule supporting a 24-hour/7-day operation.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical course study.
Minimum 5 years' experience of Project Management experience in a Food Manufacturing or related environment.
Project Management experience is required and experience execution projects over $5MM.
PE and/or PMP desirable but not mandatory.
Aseptic experience is desirable but not mandatory.