The Business and Technology Solutions Global Practice is searching for well-rounded and driven Project Manager (PM). Our PMs are responsible for the project management and financial performance of complex multi-disciplinary projects for Energy and Transmission & Distribution clients. They provide expertise on contract set-up, organizational management, staffing and client management and are responsible for the direction of project planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives. PMs will direct and coordinate activities of multiple disciplines on projects. The PMs will regularly meet and correspond with contractors on behalf of clients. Our PMs will Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key individuals of other organizations for business development. Besides managing projects, PMs assist in the development of proposals for new projects and will assist in contract negotiations. Provides leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Provides advanced technical advice to staff. Assists with supervision of staff on major projects. Other duties as assigned.
- · Plans, monitors and manages all aspects of moderately scaled projects across one or more departments or business units including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure.
- · Ensures completion of projects according to project plan (i.e. scope, schedule, budget).
- · Develops and presents comprehensive project plan to project sponsors and management.
- · Obtains all necessary approvals for project execution.
- · Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, progress reporting, people management, vendor relationships and troubleshooting.
- · Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- · Oversees schedules and directs team resources.
- · Manages projects such that project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
- · Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to project teams, client management, project sponsors, and client senior management.
- · Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Information Systems or related field.
- · Five (5) years related project management experience. Minimum 7 years’ experience.
- · Experience managing multiple small to medium size projects simultaneously.
- · Extensive understanding of project management processes, principles and methodologies.
- · General functional/technical knowledge of a utility’s line of business, practices, and procedures preferred.
- · Demonstrated leadership, project management and organizational skills.
- · Strong oral and written communication
- · Easily adapts to change and uncertainty.
- · PMP certification strongly recommended. Knowledge of electric utility systems and processes preferred.
- · Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people management skills.
- · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- · Professional Registration preferred.