Project Manager - Building / Construction
Our client is a global leader in the development of natural ingredients for the food, beverage, dietary supplements and agricultural industry. This innovative company has a presence in over 30 countries. They pride themselves on developing and rewarding their employees and value their family-like culture. We have been retained to find a Project Manager to manage all building/construction activities! This person will also contribute vital expertise to feasibility studies and project drafts in the entire organization.
- Leads project management on building projects in Milwaukee. Manages building workstream on larger CAPEX projects. Projects will range from minor refurbishments of office and laboratories to large production facilities at new or existing sites.
- Responsible for actively participating in planning and execution of the project in collaboration with the Project Manager. Proactively delivers schedule, budget and risk information for their area of responsibility.
- Designs, sizes and tests various building projects according to food industry best practices and sanitary design. Manages external design firms/engineers/vendors/contractors to accomplish project objectives. Collaborates with internal team to align on business solution, interpreting needs into a technical solution.
- Proactively plans and obtains necessary regulatory and building permits for CAPEX projects.
- Supports Maintenance Department with technical expertise for building issues that arise over time.
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise in using project management tools and mentoring others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Architectural, Construction or Structural Engineering degree
- A minimum of five years of experience (Experience and knowledge within a process-driven manufacturing environment. General food or pharmaceutical facility design with knowledge of hygienic design is required. Experience in utility and HVAC design.)
- Project management in CAPEX projects is strongly desired.
- Possess contract management skills in relation to suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- Skilled at business problem solving, conflict resolution and influencing others.
- Working experience with building related permits and regulatory approval processes in the US.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel and CAD.
- May require travel up to 10%. Willingness to supportinternational projects is a plus.
- Preferably possess a project management training certification such as PMP.