Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength. They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation's most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Come grow with us.
Buchanan & Edwards is seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to support a mission critical program at the Foreign Service Institute, in Washington D.C.
As the Project Manager you will oversee and document all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle and provide oversight and guidance for company resources.
- Oversight all projects phases, including designing, planning, managing and executing SDLC lifecycle.
- Create and enforce, release plans and change management.
- Support the prioritization of work to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives
- Proactively manage risks and issues; develop and execute risk response plans, run point on project escalations and monitor is- sues to resolution
- Measure, monitor and report work progress to ensure high-quality deliverable are produced on-time, within budget, and meet or exceed commitments and expectations.
- Document and support the implementation of project management process improvements. Complete all documentation re-
- quired for the project.
- Analyze new and complex project, related problems, creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Attend meetings, briefings, conferences as required for the customer
- Act as a subject-matter expert to multiple complex work assignments
The minimum experience and education requirements for this position are due to the complexity, at the program level, of the tasks at hand. This senior level position will be instrumental in scheduling, managing, and building customer relationships to support our critical systems. This position will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline. Allowable Substitution: Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of professional experience in IT project management is required.
- A minimum of 15 (fifteen) years related in the software development field
- Experience leading teams on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Possess the ability to plan, schedule, execute and monitor projects of varying scope, sizes and durations. Oversee the day-to-day activities of one or more cross-functional project teams. Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Experience delivering projects on-time, on budget, and meeting functional and quality specifications.
- Experience managing issues, risks, and change using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the POC
- Able to fully utilize Microsoft Project.