WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager Bridges for our Transportation business line, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Manager Bridges Ottawa, this position will manage a team of Engineers, Designers and support staff to deliver quality structural engineering projects. This client facing position will be the key interface and primary point of communication on transportation projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, pursuing new opportunities, proposal preparation and strengthening our market share in the Ottawa market.
- Prepare designs, contract specifications, cost estimates and reports for a wide variety of transportation structural projects with a focus on bridges;
- Lead design and inspections teams to deliver a range of transportation projects;
- Able to independently evaluate, select and applyengineering techniques and procedures to successfully complete new and rehabilitation design projects;
- Establish and execute projects that promote quality, value, timeliness and profitability;
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor accounts receivable;
- Implementation of corporate procedures, quality and safety standards;
- Provide overall risk management reporting;
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction;
- Proactively manage compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures;
- Manage project cost control (budget vs. actual);
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Liaise with other Project Managers, Program Managers, Clients and stakeholders;
- Organize and chair meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Minimum of 8years of related experience;
- Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience in leading a design team to produce efficient engineering designs;
- Experience with bridge condition surveys and construction administration services
- Familiarity with public and private sector client base, including MTO, City of Ottawa and Federal Government.
- Excellent knowledge of current design codes and structural analysis softwares.
- Proven experience in multi-disciplinary design coordination;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Good working technical background in bridgeengineering.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).