Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
Performs all Program Management duties under the direction of the VP of Programs and the Senior Program Manager. Focuses on meeting project objectives and deliverables on time and within assigned budget. Develops and maintains comprehensive project plans to track deliverables and progress toward successful completion. Utilizes company/industry project management methodologies and tools throughout project life-cycle. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. This position may require travel up to 25%.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that projects meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments.
- Collaborates with the Senior PM and VP of Programs to develop and implement Project Management Methodology, Processes and Tools to the organization
- Ensures that the goals and objectives of the project are understood and agreed with the project sponsor.
- Manages project expectations, scope, risk and changes.
- Continually assesses project resource requirements and reassigns based on revised project schedules.
- Prepares and distributes weekly and monthly reporting, tracking team and project metrics.
- Provides thought leadership to projects and employees.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Uses formal project methodology to meet quality, schedule, scope and budget commitments
- Leverages formal change management processes to manage changes to scope, cost, schedule and to ensure alignment in expectations.
- Tracks and drives resolution on open questions, issues and risks as well as develop risk mitigation plans.
- Creates detailed project schedules and work plans to ensure all required project deliverables are tracked with dependencies and resource assignments clearly identified.
- Tracks progress of deliverables to completion and ensure project resources are managed to task plans.
- Accountable for continuous monitoring of project health and adjusting resource allocations and task plans to ensure the success of the project and its team members.
- Resource management of project team including prioritizing tasks and deadlines appropriately.
- Raises risks and issues to leadership on a timely basis and work with appropriate parties to create mitigation plans.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four year degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or other technical/science-related field plus a minimum of 8 years project management experience or experience in a project support function (scheduling, finance). PMP certification strongly desired. Must have basic knowledge of Earned Value Management. Must have negotiation, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires strong organization skills and ability to understand technical subjects and details.