Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking Project Managers in its Columbia, MD facility.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years' experience working in an Editorial Services Production environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long-term disability, 401(k), PTO and Company paid holidays.
A Books Project Manager is responsible for managing full-service book projects from manuscript turnover to print file delivery and delivery of other deliverables as required by the customer. Project Managers work on projects for smaller accounts under the direct supervision of the Manager, Books Publishing. They are responsible for all aspects of these projects, and are expected to work independently with supervisory guidance as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Serve as the main contact for small to medium sized publishers with only a few projects per year.
- Manage book projects from manuscript through final deliverables for assigned customers.
- Develop and provide schedules to the customer and composition.
- Develop and provide sample estimate invoices to the customer.
- Work directly with authors.
- Provide a weekly status for each project.
- Work with freelancers when outside resources ar required or perform the following work themselves as time permits:
- Art development
- Permissions research
- Checking corrections
- Follow and maintain editorial consistency and the style required by the customer.
- Invoice projects upon completion.
CENVEO is an EEO EmployerRequirements
- BA or BS Degree, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 3-5 years' experience working in an Editorial Services Production environment.
- Editorial expertise and ability to learn multiple editorial styles and style guides.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude that includes Mac or PC skills, MS Office, XML.
- Demonstrated capability for independent work.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects while keeping all projects on schedule.
- Effective and diplomatic written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player capable of working with a distributed work group.