ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St Bruno, Quebec you will act within the boundaries of the contract with the full power of the Division President’s authority to deliver the object of the contract to the customer and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier. To this effect, you will lead the Project Core Team in the successful completion of their assigned tasks within schedule, allocated budgets and scope to the required quality.You will lead the project and cope with the unique challenge of continually focusing on a pro-active management that the functions keep their delegated budgets, meet their schedules and deliver on their obligation. You will have to lead the team with the view of the full project including areas outside own division and the overall impact on Bombardier Transportation (BT) performance. You will be responsible to apply the key Project Management Processes and the applicable tools for the implementation, and is accountable for the strict and efficient application thereof. You will also have to ensure that all Project Core Team members have sufficient financial and reporting governance and to ensure all risks and opportunities are properly addressed and mitigated.
In your role you will:
- Be responsible for the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Detailed Project Schedule, Joint Design Definition Process (JDDP), Customer Interface, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement Management, Project Launch (including the Orange Book), Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting internally both status and financial performance;
- Be the primary contact to divisional Project Management Office. In larger projects, this could be delegated as a separate role;
- Have the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the Project Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution, as such will be involved in the PMP objective setting process for all Project Core Team members;
- Be the mandate of the Project Manager to define and secure the support of the business partners and extended project team (ensure IS is contacted in an early phase of the project with sufficient lead time. For new remote sites, be aware that the process is much longer!);
- Be responsible for management of all communication with the Customer;
- Lead the Project Core Team effort to meet periodic financial targets;
- Be responsible for adapting your leadership and motivational skills to the project, the team or individual's capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available and the results desired.
- Develop “must do” strategies to increase team effectiveness and the belief that "none of us is as good as all of us.", in order to help the team go through the distinct stages of ‘forming, storming, norming and performing’;
- Be the mandate of the Project Manager to adapt the allocation of work packages between the roles and the day-to-day delegation of special tasks to the Project Core Team members in order to optimize the total project;
- Also have a specific communication responsibility to the Project Managers of Sub-Divisions.
As our ideal candidate:
- You have five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in a similar role;
- You have a minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience;
- You have experience working experience either in Project Management, Bids, Sales, Contracts & Legal, Procurement, Engineering or Operations;
- You posess international experience;
- You proven leadership performance (i.e. PMP, 360° feedback).