Siemens Mobility, Inc., RollingStock, is looking for a Project Manager to work in our Bogie department inSacramento, CA. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work on a variety ofBogie projects for Light Rails, Streetcars, Locomotives and Passenger Coachesfor customers within North-America and also internationally with ourheadquarters in Germany and Austria.
•Bidmanagement, including definition and communication of project baselines (scope,budget, schedule), goals and deliverables that support the business goals andrequirements in collaboration with sales executives, senior management andadditional stakeholders.
- Responsible forschedule, quality, budget, risk, opportunity and resource allocation managementthroughout the project management process groups (initiating, planning,executing, monitoring and controlling, closing)
- Overseeing theday-to-day operations of the project teams (consisting of Engineering,Procurement, Operations (including production) and Quality Management) toensure a smooth workflow and project execution to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Driving ownershipculture within project team, while also coaching, mentoring, motivating andsupervising project team members and influencing them to take action andaccountability for their assigned work.
- Managing changes inproject scope during design, procurement, production, service and warranty phasesof projects, to sustain success and minimize risk to the customer and thecompany.
- Managing executionof continuous improvement plans.
- Performing activerole interfacing with the client and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction,this includes working on change orders, claims and warranty work.
- Reporting to theBogie business management on project status on a regular basis.
- Tracking projectmilestones and deliverables, while creating and maintaining comprehensiveproject documentation.
- Defining projectsuccess criteria and disseminating them to involved parties throughout the projectlife cycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- At least 5 years of successful experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft-Office programs is required.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Required travel: up to 25%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of German language is a plus.