Merrick & Company is seeking an experienced project manager for our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO office to contribute to the company's growing practice in bioprocessing. The business is currently comprised of projects in biofuels, biochemicals, sustainable food processing, advance proteins, and renewable natural gas (waste to energy). Candidate should be experienced at managing these type of bioeconomy projects
This position is multidimensional in nature and requires elements of sales, team building, and project execution. Responsibilities include:
- Tracking major bioprocessing industry trends through participation in industry organizations
- Contributing to business development and meeting with clients to develop scopes of work
- Contributing to corporate and business unit strategic planning efforts
- Serving as an account manager for key clients
- Managing project teams with multi-discipline engineering discipline leads
- Mastering and implementing industry best practices from PMI, CII and AACE
- Overseeing project planning, earned value measurement, quality, and client satisfaction
- Traveling to client sites one or two times per month
- Ten (10) or more years of experience of project execution of bioprocessing sector
- General understanding of projects involving fermentation, pyrolysis, anaerobic digestion, gas cleanup, bioreactions, thermal chemical conversion, and biomass material handling
- Strong bioprocessing industry relationships
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- Knowledge of industry best practices including front end loading (FEL) and VIP
- Understanding of earned value management, project scheduling, and risk management
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface successfully with clients, partners, project teams, and Merrick management
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- This position will require visits to client industrial sites. Employee must be able to access ladders and platforms.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.