The Project Manager will work with Program Managers (Core Team Leads), Core Team Members, R&D Managers to support and deliver process excellence in the development and release of new products.
A successful candidate will work cross-functionally to assist in the implementation of effective and efficient product development plans, scale the product lifecycles appropriately, and bring a strong continuous improvement approach to R&D by reducing development cycles.
The Project Manager will assist Program Managers in tracking of complex programs, assigning tasks to project teams and aligning resources in a highly matrixed organization.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of leading teams to achieve success on business critical projects, with experience in developing complex instrumentation, capital equipment or software projects.
BD Lifesciences develops IVD products within in a regulated environment, applicable experience will be valuable for the candidate. BD also utilizes Agile and SAFe processes for research-only and IVD product development.
- Support the Program Managers (Core Team Leaders) in managing risks (schedule, budget, and technical performance) through contingency planning
- Support planning and coordination of a program or projects
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Maintain and create design and development program documentation
- Record and publish meeting minutes
- Keeps track of action items and follow up with respective owners
- Participate in scrum meetings to identify and flag risks
- Proactively review processes and recommend changes and improvements
- Insure compliance to the company's product life cycle and design control requirements.
- Work in close collaboration with the Program Managers and Quality Assurance to develop, maintain and control the Design History Files.
- Works with program core team members to coordinate filing of all essential program documentation.
- Keep stakeholders informed on the status of work completion relative to scheduled deadlines.
- In coordination with the Program Managers, is responsible for applying program management best practices throughout the organization.
- Keeps abreast of requirements for compliance for each project and leads team to maintain compliance.
- Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management when necessary.
- Helps coordinate & implement SAFe and Agile planning activities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or science related field
- Biotech, instrument or capital equipment development experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a new product development or manufacturing environment
- 1-2 years cross-functional project management experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of Agile and SAFe processes is a plus
- Preferred knowledge and experience with SAP
- Familiar with structured phase-gate product development and portfolio management processes
- Demonstrated impact of implementing process improvement projects
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated results oriented capabilities as contributor and team leader.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Evident project management skills and learning capabilities
- Effective meeting management, written and oral communication skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate is a plus but not required
Job ID R-25015