In this role, you will assist with estimating / detailing projects, submittals, and all aspects of coordinating the purchasing and receiving of DFH (Doors, Frame and Hardware) materials with the branch for multiple projects through out the year.
II. Key Responsibilities
- Oversee each stage of project:
- Estimating/Quoting prices
- Coordinate purchases and deliveries of materials.
- Assist with any problem solving required to minimize any cost to our company
- Monitor progress of commercial DFH projects, communicate daily and weekly via phone and /or written reports assuring the effective and timely distribution of project information to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate, expedite and facilitate efforts between customer, our organization and subcontractors to ensure the timely completion of projects, on time and within budget, from sales acceptance to Completion of the project. Ensure timely communication of project status to Regional Manager and team members.
- Create and maintain all required files, reports, and documents for projects, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Coordinate changes across the entire project team. Communicate the impact of scope change to stakeholders. Enter appropriate project data into the computerized system.
- Create and/or distribute copies of contracts, specification books and plans to departments and individuals involved in project, as appropriate. Oversee the procurement of non-standard materials; source materials and services as required. Ensure the meeting of the overall cost-effectiveness and profit margins for each job
- Follow up with customer with appropriate authority after project completion to ensure customer satisfaction
III. Professional Skills
- Must be familiar with the permit process and how to work with the city and county governments
- Must be familiar working withGeneral Contractors and Sub-contractors
- Background in all phases of construction including, but not limited to; block work, framing, insulation, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, rough and finish carpentry, Doors, Frames, Hardware, drywall and painting
- Ability to read and work withconstructionblueprints
- Computer and internet savvy
- Familiarity with software such as Comsense, Specworks, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Valid CA driver license- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience as a job superintendent or supervisor within the construction industry helpful but not required
- Minimum 5 years experience in DFH(Doors, Frame and Hardware) industry