Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This document outlines the employment prerequisites and job responsibilities for the position of Project Manager, R&D.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the business and technical leadership for one or more projects within the Medication Delivery Global Business Unit. Leading project teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes for both new product development projects as well as projects within the sustaining organization.
• Lead the activities of a cross-functional core team; be responsible for the team’s ability to deliver the project
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables; define project tasks and resource requirements; develops full-scale project plans
• With input from the core team, define the milestones to achieve the launch date commitments and identify issues and risks associated with those plans
• Manage the project costs (all financial aspects) of product development. This will include capital expenditures and cross functional expenses for the project.
• Ensure proper communications occur with stakeholders and partners, including the reporting of project progress, risks, and issues
• Participate in organizational issue resolution
• Identify and resolve complex problems using critical thinking
• Plan and schedule project timelines; tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Implement and manage project changes and initiate interventions to achieve project outputs; provide project evaluations and assessment of results
• Lead the planning and implementation of Sustaining and New Product Development projects as assigned
• Excels in all aspects of project management, especially the ability to manage complex projects
• Demonstrates good leadership skills, including the ability to influence and motivate team members
• Able to successfully negotiation within a cross-functional matrix environment
• Can work collaboratively with internal and external resources
• Strong written and verbal skills required
• Demonstrates strong business acumen
• Knowledge and working application of FDA; cGMP; ISO requirements
• Proficient in MS Office tools, including Visio, Project, Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Competent application of Vital Behaviors and Leadership Essentials
• Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory or Clinical Practices and Product Development Process requirements
• Ability to mentor / coach and develop others
• Knowledge and working application of standard operating procedures
• PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired
• B.S. degree or equivalent in technical or other appropriate discipline
• Minimum 10 years product development experience.
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience in product life cycle management, with demonstrated success leading multi-site projects in the medical products industry preferred.