The Project Manager – Hemlo Life of Mine (LOM) Extension will provide timely and efficient coordination and delivery of this project with overall responsibility to bring the project from detailed engineering, through construction and commissioning, and into production. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills and technical expertise needed to achieve quality outcomes while ensuring all internal and external stakeholders, including First Nations, needs and expectations are met. Ability to communicate effectively between all stakeholders who need to have input and involvement with the project will be essential. Responsibilities:
- Must embody and demonstrate, by example: Core elements of courageous leadership principles for safety and health.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Barrick Health and Safety Policies.
- Ethics and Values – Adhere to Barrick core values and beliefs and act in line with these values.
- Customer Focus and Team Play – Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; act with customers in mind. Establish and maintain effective relationships and gain trust and respect and help others improve effectiveness.
- Communication – Write and speak clearly in variety of communication settings and get message across with desired effect.
- Continuous Improvement - Focus on commitment to continually improve and possess the desire to succeed, challenge the status quo, learn from mistakes and build on good ideas.
- Sense of urgency - Decisive, taking initiative and making tough decisions when necessary.
- Planning and Process Management – Accurately set objectives and goals and anticipate problems. Have a clear vision of objectives and deliver results, organize resources, pay attention to detail and keep commitments. Use resources effectively and efficiently and orchestrate multiple activities to accomplish goals.
- Manage all EPCM aspects of the project, delivering results as outlined by the Barrick Sustaining Project System (SPS).
- Establish and manage the project controls team with both internal and external resources.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the design and construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Identify and manage overall project dependencies and ensure project deliverables stay on-time, on-target and on-budget.
- Provide hands-on project management and actively manage project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome for the project to ensure that the project goals and objectives are achieved within the project timeframe and guidelines established by the management technical committee.
- Ensure that construction phase control systems are in place to achieve our safety goals and support disciplined decision making and planning.
- Manage the inspection and review of construction activities to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and all other applicable regulations.
- Prepare communication plan and related project status reports to key internal and corporate stakeholders (as defined in the SPS) to provide project updates on activities and deliverables, as well as risks and mitigation strategies.
- Define and manage overall project risk identification and mitigation process through formal risk assessment process.
- Define and implement the appropriate management of change strategy and plans to ensure that management of change concerns are addressed during and after project implementation.
- Complete and manage project activities using Barrick’s well-defined project management process to ensure a consistent approach to project completion with other similar projects within the company.
- Manage all supply chain activities including the development of contracts and the requisition of supplies and materials to complete the construction projects.
- Develop and implement the necessary quality control programs, that are sustainable though continuous improvement.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with technical staff, supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change. Must be visionary, creative and flexible.
- Effective management skills; be a “natural” leader with the ability to motivate and inspire people through positive example.
- Solid interpersonal skills and superior communications skills are necessary to work closely with the senior site team.
- Ability to work with others as part of a team, and encourage collaboration, trust and openness among employees.
- Ability to develop subordinates on your team.
- Appropriately delegate responsibility and instill accountability among employees.
- Demonstrate a high degree of business acumen and be willing to accept responsibility for decisions.
- Must display the ability and desire to be upwardly and laterally mobile.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Project Management or a related Engineering Field.
- Mill processing experience in gold mining would be an asset.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing EPCM teams on a variety of infrastructure and mining projects.
- Proven ability to perform in a safe and efficient manner Required
What we can Offer You :A comprehensivecompensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.