The Project Manager role will support the Change Management team within the Military Banking Overseas Division (MBOD). The Project Manager will work in a fast-paced, evolving and challenging environment, with the opportunity to partner closely with MBOD business teams globally. The Project Manager is responsible for establishing and managing projects to deliver desired business outcomes. Projects of varying types and sizes are within the scope of duties, to include launching new products and services, application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvement, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades. The Project Manager has end-to-end responsibility for planning, implementation, and adoption across the Retail, Technology, Operations and Support functions. Key responsibilities and job functions include:
- Direct and manage overall project status, budget, resources, and risks.
- Accountable for managing projects with cross-functional and inter-departmental implications.
- Serves as secondary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives; provides assistance to staff throughout the change management process.
- Partners closely and collaborates with Retail, Technology, Operations and Support teams to deliver shared project objectives.
- Accountable for analyzing current state, developing alternative future state approaches, and facilitating implementation.
- Plan, organize, monitor and control projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion.
- Develop and socialize potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Effectively communicate with senior leaders, department managers, peers, business partners and vendors on deliverables, timelines, status and support requirements.
- Partner with line of business representatives to develop transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change.
- Create vendor Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and ensure procurement and competition processes are closely followed.
- Create and manage project documentation, such as project proposals, project plans, issues lists, and project budgets.
- Effectively coordinate and lead project meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years of work experience with a financial institution.
- 3 years of project management experience.
- Experience leading technology and infrastructure projects. –ie - hardware/software upgrades for refresh, application upgrades
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work efforts and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be able to translate business plans/policies into specific goals and action plans.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills (to include written and verbal).
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Experience compiling and maintaining extensive project documentation, such as project plans, proposals and information papers, RFPs, project budgets, and issues lists
- Self-motivated with proven flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment; able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work within strict timeframes and meet the demands associated with managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Excellent meeting management skills, to include developing agendas, facilitating meetings, and compiling formal meeting minutes. Ability to confidently speak in small and medium-sized forums.
- Proven ability to focus on detail.
- Experience in testing, deployment and implementation.
- Knowledge of Retail banking products, services, processes and systems.
- Experience leading technology and infrastructure projects.
- Project management certification.