Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, Florida we are seeking a Project Manager to work on a upcoming mixed-use commercial construction ground-up job-site. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project. In this position, the incumbent directs and supervises activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financial projections, and schedule requirements to ensure projects are completed with quality, profitable, adhering to our Safety/Zero Harm culture.
- Collaborates with scheduling, superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create a construction schedule.
- Develops an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and determines the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services). Partners with Loss Prevention Professionals assigned to the jobsite.
- Reviews the contract documents with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, government regulators, utilities) to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinates and delivers all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules.
- Responsible for project administration and daily operations. Prepares and maintains the project schedule, milestone dates, and close-out checklist. Reviews with project staff each quarter and assigns responsibilities, execution, and follow-up plans.
- Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary. Ensures that all understand performance standards and expectations.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety and loss prevention, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), risk management, training, and quality control. Implements and facilitates project specific SAP.
- Creates and manages project’s budget and coordinates the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) development.
- Knows and understands the requirements of owner’s contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
- Develops and completes monthly Projected Final Cost Report (PFR) and Labor Cost Report (LCR) projections on time.
- Creates Project Incentive Compensation Plan within 30 days of GMP acceptance.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related Engineering field.
- Ten years or more of experience in commercial construction project management.
- Three years or more of direct supervisory experience.
- Experience with project manager software (Constructware, P6, Timberline, etc.).
- Experience with cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports.
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar construction application(s).
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Tier 1 or large general contractor commercial construction candidates are preferred.