8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Project Manager for our client in Austin, TX
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire?
This Worker will work with the Client WorkInTexas (WIT) Replacement IT Project Manager (PM) to perform complex and advanced project management activities including: detailed project planning, oversight, and status tracking; test planning, coordination, and reporting; and stakeholder communications.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Provide project management support for all aspects of a project that will implement a replacement for the legacy WorkInTexas system.
- Ensure project products, deliverables, and tasks follow the documented processes and quality guidelines while meeting functional, technical, and contractual requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, and report status for all phases of testing throughout the implementation and acceptance of the replacement system.
- Plan and coordinate communications with project stakeholders (both internal and external to the Client).
- Ensure all team members understand project standards and are equipped to resolve challenges with the quality of any party's work products.
- Monitor, evaluate, and provide input regarding third-party vendor performance and deliverables to the Client IT Project Manager and IT Contract Manager.
- 8years of experience in structured project management process, scope control, project estimation, risk mitigation, and preventive and corrective actions for overruns.
- 8years of experience managing project activities; exercising drive for results and sound judgment in making critical decisions; analyzing complex information and developing plans to address identified issues; demonstrate negotiation and facilitation skills; identify project risks and gaps; prepare reports; and communicate effectively.
- 5years of experience planning and providing project communications to project stakeholders both internal and external to the enterprise or agency.
- 5years of experience developing, implementing, and coordinating the execution of plans for all phases of testing; writing, analyzing, and reviewing test cases; documenting and publishing regular testing progress reports.
- 2years of full-time experience in project management. Experience managing large, complex system implementation projects throughout all phases. This experience must include proactively identifying, tracking, and ensuring resolution of risks and issues.
- 5years of experience managing project(s) which successfully migrated from a large and complex legacy system to a Software as a Service (SaaS) or a configurable Off-the-Shelf replacement solution.
- 3years of experience successfully implementing major information resources project(s) with a Texas State and/or Federal government agency.
- 2years of experience using requirements management, test planning, and/or testing tools (e.g., HP Application Lifecycle Management) to ensure system defects are identified prior to a new system’s deployment for use in Production.
- 2years of experience establishing and/or maintaining automated testing for complex system(s).
- 2years - Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.