The NACS Project Management Office (PMO) consists of program and project management delivery, resource management, quality management, continuous improvement, professional development and knowledge management.
Achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness of program management through full end-to-end design and delivery across multiple industries. Perform day-to-day project management work activities using NACS PMO standards, processes, methodologies and systems. Utilize structured and disciplined practices to ensure project management activities are consistent with company initiatives and expectations and achieve high quality, professional client service delivery. Meet financial targets inclusive of annual budget, gross profit and related financial metrics within area of responsibility. Ensure project management activities meet corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs. Work collaboratively across all levels and departments of the organization and ensure a seamless transition of work activities to execute operations functions.
Black Box has an opportunity for an Infrastructure/Cabling Project Manager responsible for the management and successful completion of project deliverables for large scale or high profile projects.
- Execute NACS PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including the following:
- Project planning fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling and budgeting
- Project control fundamentals: monitoring, anticipating potential problems, identifying project conflicts, taking corrective action, resolving issues, managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget, project reporting, quality review and assurance.
- Relationship management fundamentals: client relationship management; project team management; and overall change management
- Assist in proposal development and contract and subcontract negotiations with the sales and legal teams.
- Create documents and coordinate with the legal team for contracts associated with Master Schedule of Services Agreements, Statements of Work, and post-installation support and maintenance.
- Prepare Project Roadmap with concurrence of all participating organizations and negotiate agreement with the customer, including identification of work and organizational breakdown structures, requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates, milestone payment schedule, risk and communication management plans.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Minimum of 5 years Infrastructure/Cabling Project Management experience. Experience remotely managing national/enterprise clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- PMP, Six Sigma, Agile, SCRUM or related certifications preferred.
- RCDD/BICSI certification desirable
- Excellent service philosophy and understanding the challenges in providing superior customer experience at a national level while controlling costs.
Requisition ID 2017-1357