More information about this job
Working with a Project Manager or a Senior Project Manager, provide administrative and technical direction for one large, complex project or several small and/or medium size projects. Responsibilities to include customer interface, client development, project scoping, estimating, scheduling, procurement, construction oversight, safety oversight, cost and progress monitoring, management and reporting. Project types include small to large K-12 Education, Higher Education, Aviation, Municipal and Private Side market facilities.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
“We build living monuments that transcend our time on earth” – John Rakolta Jr. CEO of Walbridge.
We have held a Florida office for almost 30 years, currently with offices located in Tampa and Orlando, Florida.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
Recent project in Tampa:
Working with the Project Manager / Senior Project Manager:
- Ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, end users, security, etc.
- Help establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures. Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.), purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Assist in maintaining official project log and documentation files. Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Assist in managing financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- 4 year construction management /engineering degree or equivalent professional training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience and knowledge of related commercial construction experiences.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a business-oriented professional.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity in the workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.