Immediate opening. Any interest in an immediate interview?
Are you ready for your next career challenge? Would you like to work for a custom cabinetry and architectural millwork company specializing in the design, fabrication and installation of commercial casework, architectural millwork and store fixtures throughout the US where you can grow your career? If your answer is yes, and you are ready for a new opportunity, then consider this as your solution.
You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience with commercial millwork and casework design, construction and installation in a project management role required
- Minimum 3 years' in high end custom commercial cabinetry, millwork or casework required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Cabinet Vision Solid software and other CAD design software required
- Experience using Lean manufacturing principles in an environment of continuous improvement required
- Solid Microsoft Office use, especially strong in Excel with Word and Outlook daily use required
- Strong project planning, problem solving, decision-making and business reasoning skills, combined with attention to detail and accuracy
Project Manager Summary
This position is responsible for project planning and management and for achievement of profitability expectations for assigned client construction and installation contracts. For each assigned contract, this position serves as the primary point of contact for the customer. This position is also responsible for discussing and approving design concepts and requirements with Sales, Manufacturing, clients, and operations departments such as Shipping and Purchasing, including travel to job sites as appropriate. The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and Cabinet Vision Solid software and other CAD design software. A demonstrated knowledge of millwork and casework construction and production principles, techniques and materials is needed. Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills and excellent organizational and self-management skills are required.
- Conduct the initial site visit, attend kickoff meeting, pre-cons with production, and jobsite subcontractor, pull planning meetings and installation review meeting
- Discuss design concepts and requirements with clients and architects and recommend design and material alternatives, and approve all documentation submitted to clients and Manufacturing
- Manage contract documents, including submission of change orders, requests for information, and preparation/submission of invoices.
- Approve, and/or submit for modification, machine and product engineering drawings, layouts, sketches and diagrams
- Plan and order resources and materials needed for contract completion, including materials receipt and storage
- Monitor project status and product output during manufacturing and installation for compliance with specifications, cost and materials budgets, quality, safety and aesthetics standards, including regular client contacts to monitor satisfaction
- Manage financial and performance review of jobs for closeout. Balance job for closeout
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Requirements
- This position requires the ability to multi-task and tolerate changes in priorities.
- Use of hands to operate office equipment, such as a computer and a telephone.
- Think creatively, read, see, talk, and hear.
- Research, evaluate and recommend alternative methods and needs.
- Stand, sit, stoop and move from location to location.
- May be required to sit at a computer terminal for long periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Travel to the project site when needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and good knowledge of woodworking manufacturing quality improvement processes in custom cabinetry and/or millwork.
- Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including national/key accounts.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to work effectively, despite numerous interruptions and changing priorities.
- Strong project planning, problem solving, decision-making and business reasoning skills, combined with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of commercial high-end cabinetry/millwork business products, services and manufacturing operations.
- Strong understanding of drafting and engineering principles, standards, and terminology.
- Ability to read and develop blueprint-type drawings.
- Knowledge of layout, shop drawing and construction drawing principles for custom commercial millwork and casework.
- Experience using Lean manufacturing principles in an environment of continuous improvement.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.