Arcadis is seeking a Project Manager / Chief Resident Engineer to grow CEI services in Texas. Position requires 8+ years' experience working on TXDOT highway projects with bridge construction inspection a plus (but not required). Includes pursing/interviewing and heading up project team for execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead an operational team, setting objectives, managing performance and ensuring staff have the necessary skills to deliver the project objectives,
- Translate business objectives into operational financial targets, producing clearly defined business cases, plans and schedules for projects and taking responsibility for meeting the profit and budgetary targets of the project.
- Lead the implementation of complex projects, managing multidisciplinary teams and working to mid- to long-term timescales, to ensure delivery standards meet expectations.
- Monitor and review the performance and behavior of all team members, including educating and influencing others, and take action to ensure organizational policies and codes of conduct are followed,
- Ensure compliance with contracts in terms of project delivery parameters and scope of service,
- Analyze and review complex information from a range of data sources, including colleagues' recommendations, to identify how different options may impact project delivery and advise clients and internal stakeholders on potential implications,
- Develop project management processes and policies and lead the implementation of system improvements for own projects, ensuring developments are in line with strategic business objectives,
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and collaboration within projects and ensure commercial viability and customer satisfaction,
- Act as a technical expert within own projects, providing strategic advice to other senior managers, to support successful delivery in line with project objectives and strategies,
- Manage and build relationships with client project sponsors/stakeholders to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and are aligned to meet objectives
- Actively participate in client engagement and communications, including identifying and addressing client interests.
- • Manage teams of up to 5 or more people
- • Responsible for mentoring and professional development of junior staff,
- • Motivate staff to meet team goals and objectives,
- • Establish and meet goals and objectives for the team; contribute to communication planning,
- • Contribute and promote H&S in the workplace by providing, implementing and monitoring H&S practices.
- • Lead risk analysis, planning and control,
- • Contribute to risk management outcomes,
- • Develop progressively more-complex written reports,
- • Communicate with company staff on tasks and projects,
- • Experience managing business relationships at senior management level
- • Review and control project scope, schedule and budget,
- • Attend regularly scheduled project reviews with management
- • Understand basic and complex financial aspects of a project,
- • Proficient with project management functions and tools,
- • Demonstrate innovative problem-solving skills,
- • Internal leader for technical skills on projects,
- • Drive project quality planning,
- • Able to efficiently utilize GECs,
- • Able to access, use and upload content to the knowledge tools,
- • Read and understand the client and sub-consultant contracts and may determine procurement requirements,
- • Communicate effectively with outside clients, vendors and market representatives,
- • Give clear direction and delegate effectively,
- • Have strong written and oral communication skills for complex reports and presentations,
- • Commercial acumen and the ability to manage relationships with and influence external stakeholders,
- • Understand, promote and monitor the use of sustainable solutions,
- • Proven ability to manage, motivate and lead teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline,
- Relevant professional qualification.
- More than 8+ years' experience, including a minimum of 6 years' project management experience.
- TXDOT management experience.
- TX PE License