- Oversees and implements construction projects from inception (including initial estimate) to final completion and turnover.
- Participates in cost estimates and proposal development for both vertical and civil projects.
- Complies with, understands and ensures strict compliance to the ACHC safety standards to ensure a safe work environment both on the jobsite and in the office.
- Establishes performance requirements, selects project participants and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Brings about the optimal utilization of resources – labor, materials and equipment and ensures their procurement in the most cost effective terms.
- Ensures all required permits, licenses, insurance, clearances, etc. are procured for the project prior to mobilization.
- Ensures the jobsite has the manpower, materials and equipment necessary to complete the project on time.
- Periodically visits the jobsite to inspect and provide support, including projects in remote Alaska locations, the Lower 48 states and internationally.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Manages and enforces quality control and HSET procedures.
- Prepares and manages project schedules in Primavera P6 and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensures all required legal postings, MSDS, HazCom, wage statements, etc. are posted on the jobsite (coordinated closely with the safety department and the superintendent).
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the project team before submitting to the client or other external stakeholders.
- Abides by the ACHC code of conduct, policies and procedures and promotes ASRC shareholder hire on all projects.
- Display knowledge, understanding, and sensitivity to the Inupiat culture.
- Manages the project budget, including monthly update to the estimate at completion.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, monitors receivables and follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Continually analyzes project profitability.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team and informs them of relevant changes in the project.
- Effectively directs communication regarding questions and issues from the field to the appropriate party.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related discipline required.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within a construction company and/or related business.
- Experience with the logistics and planning of remote/rural construction projects.
- The incumbent will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employee; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes, procedures, and programs to improve the productivity and profitability of the operation.
- Identify, document and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Work with estimating team to validate estimates and bids.
- Accountable for profitability, client relations, and operations management.
- Approves team members' time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Maintain safe work environment by establishing and enforcing safety policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local requirements; directing the investigation of accidents and preventive improvements.
- Coordinate with managers to address organizational needs, equipment utilization and maintenance.