Reporting to the Provincial Executive Director, Patient-Centred Performance Measurement, the Project Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating the planning implementation and evaluation of multiple, large-scale sector survey project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Assigned projects are provincial in scope, involving all six Health Authorities and the British Columbia Ministry of Health Services. The Project Manager works collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication and addressing potential barriers to success. Communicates with all levels of staff and management across the province to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information. The position liaises with sector representatives from every Health Authority and the British Columbia Ministry of Health Services, consultants, other health care entities and other external agencies, as needed. The Project Manager develops sustainable education and operational plans, evaluates outcomes and acts as a resource for staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach staff on these skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large, high profile development and implementation projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey research methodology.
- Ability to gain extensive knowledge of sectors defined as priorities for coordinating province-wide surveys.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and residential settings.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment involving physician and inter-professional communities.
- Master's Degree in a health care discipline or Business Administration and five (5) to seven (7) years' recent, related experience that includes:
- managing large-scale projects, facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current registration with appropriate licensing body.