Allan Myers Core Values
- Communicates, models and continuously reinforces Allan Myers culture and leadership practices with direct reports, including Allan Myers Values, Safety, Delay Free Production, Ethics Policy and the Collaborative Way.
- Develops an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent and/or Project Team for constructing the project and determines the means and methods necessary, including individual work activities, to meet project goals. Creates plan for delay free work operations.
- Communicates the planned means and methods to appropriate parties associated with the project to ensure understanding of goals and responsibilities.
- Ensures construction employed will maximize production, ensure quality, minimize costs and promote safety; monitors and interprets crew cost reports and crew cost factors.
- Monitors work to ensure that means and methods are followed and are effective; makes and communicates changes in means and methods, if necessary, to ensure project success and milestone completion.
- Ensures that all means and methods will be in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and with client contract. May submit information regarding means and methods to owner when required by contract.
Technical: Delay Free Production/Quality
- Maintains excellent customer satisfaction levels at all times through timely response to client concerns.
- Ensures that all work performed and products/materials used meet the Allan Myers standard of workmanship and comply with contractual standards and specifications.
- Manages punch list and closeout process to ensure that nonconforming work is corrected and resolved to the satisfaction of all parties. Monitors and tracks all costs for rework.
- Facilitates appropriate inspections and testing to ensure that the project is constructed to the quality requirements of contract documents and meets or exceeds governmental regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that all closeout documents, warranties and extra stock are submitted to owner in accordance with the contract.
- Implements and monitors the Allan Myers Safety Program including thecoordination of project activities to ensure compliance with all government regulatory guidelines and agencies. Directly responsible for subcontractor compliance to Allan Myers Safety Program
May assist in the estimating of safety items (e.g., identification of high risk activities).
Conducts meeting to successfully identify safety concerns and exposures in adherence with Allan Myers Safety Program. Solicits certificates of insurance from subcontractors in conjunction with Purchasing Department.
Has overall responsibility at the project level for implementation and monitoring ofthe Allan Myers Safety program throughout the project. Conducts subcontractor safety coordination meetings to discuss safety requirements for major construction activities. Issues warning notices to subcontractors violating safety standards; conducts post-incident investigations. May oversee Safety Coordinators assigned to theproject.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allocation ofavailable resources to various phases of project.
- Monitors workplan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Administers performance management process at the direct report level. Encourages and promotes teaming, motivation/morale, employee development and retention with direct reports and crews.
- Monitors, directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Monitors profit and loss statements on a monthly basis and maintains them throughout the project.
- Encourages and promotes teamwork, motivation, people development, theCollaborative Way and retention within Project Team.
- Communicates, follows and enforces Human Resources, Equipment/Small Tools and Construction Management Manual policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates Allan Myers Leadership qualities. Is Proactive, Accountable, Discerning, Innovative, Collaborative, Integrity Based, Successful and Balanced. Is an Influencer, Continual Learner, Teacher/Coach and Agent of Change.
- Reviews and negotiates contract terms.
- Ensures all project operations comply with the contract documents
- Interprets, understands and ensures compliance with all elements ofrequired/applicable contracts. Acts as Allan Myers authority for contracts between the owner and Allan Myers.
- Ensures performance of all contract administrative management functions asappropriate once project is assigned.
- Assures that all correspondence, submittals, shop drawings, billings, etc. are produced with a high level of professionalism and accuracy.
- Develops a schedule in cooperation with the Superintendent and/or ProjectTeam that complies with the customer’s needs, adheres to the terms of thecontract and supports the planning needs of the company.
- Monitors the schedule ensuring appropriate documentation of changes and distribution to others. Provides internal notice and notice to owner’s representative of any impact to scheduling milestones.
- Schedules, supervises and attends internal and external pre-construction and post-construction meetings.
- Interfaces with vendors and/or subcontractors to determine that work and materials are on schedule.
- Develops and implements recovery plans to remedy any problems within budget.
- Assumes responsibility for all financial aspects of project including collections toensure maximum profit margins.
- Reports to appropriate personnel any deviations in margins, costs to complete, contingent liabilities or other matters affecting projected margins.
- Collaborates with Purchasing to ensure discount opportunities are achieved and scopes are correct from the purchasing process through construction. Reviews and approves all purchase orders over $25K.
- Oversees field purchases by monitoring and approving, when appropriate, job-site purchase orders and invoices to assure compliance with Allan Myers policies and budget.
- Estimates and negotiates prices for work activities and change orders asneeded.
Supervises Superintendents, Senior Project Engineers, Project Engineer IIs, ProjectEngineer Is and Project Administrators. May supervise Field Engineers.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, related major, or equivalent. Continuing education in construction is highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience, with at least one year construction supervisory experience preferred
- FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) or PE (Professional Engineer) certification desirable
- OSHA 30 hour certification required
- Valid driver’s license required