Fueled by a dedicated workforce, Ameresco is an innovative technology company specializing in energy solutions. Customers benefit from our ability to design, develop, finance and construct solutions to increase energy efficiency, optimize operations, leverage renewable energy assets, and plan for a resilient future. Our unique position enables us to deliver objective solutions for measurable cost savings and sustainable roadmaps for energy generation. Drawing from decades of experience, Ameresco develops tailored energy projects for the commercial, industrial, government, education, healthcare and public housing sectors.
Applied Energy Group (AEG) is seeking a Project Manager to join the growing VisionDSM IT team. This position requires experience managing small to medium sized energy efficiency IT projects, including project oversight, client management AND team management. The Project Manager will oversee multiple IT projects and support efforts to grow and expand AEG’s IT business.
- Manage multiple IT projects;
- Develop project plans, track schedule, budget and oversee implementation;
- Maintain accurate projections;
- Maintain high customer satisfaction;
- Manage delivery team;
- Proactively escalate risks;
- Pursue new project opportunities;
- Explore cross-selling opportunities;
- Maintain client relationships with program sponsors as well as project leads from client organizations and implementation contractors;
- Coach and mentor team members
- Occasional travel for client meetings
- BS/BA in Engineering, Business or Economic or 5 years equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience with demonstrated ability to manage schedule, project risks, and budget
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing IT projects, ideally in the utility, energy and/or energy space
- Strong consulting and customer service experience
- Ability to provide direction of project teams to successfully execute project tasks, control scope, budget and schedule
- Develop strong subject matter expertise to recommend and implement cost effective solutions
- Experience cross selling & up selling
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycle, standard processes and best practices
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal team, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Experience in writing proposals a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent verbal, written, and consulting skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to follow through on multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience supporting Business Development and Proposal teams
- Experience in DSM
- Progressive energy consulting or services work experience focusing on energy sector program planning, design, implementation, measurement, verification, and evaluation.