At Albemarle, we’ve built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives. That’s our culture. That’s our commitment. And when you join our team, it’s an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. At Albemarle, we believe you deserve more. Something big enough to build a future. Big enough to change the world.
- Develop project plans, manage issues and risks, drive issue resolution, direct resources to accomplish project tasks, and maintain control over projects
- Create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans across department
- Create detailed work breakdown structures for successful implementation strategies
- Track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Manage both internal and external resources to ensure project success
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendor resources and vendor management
- Communicate status of projects, including project risks, to stakeholders
- Create project status update documentation on a weekly basis
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks
- Assist with onsite end user training and associated documentation when needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineeringexperience in the chemical/petrochemical industry with at least 3 years of project management experience With Albemarle Corporation (or) a Minimum of 8 -10 years of engineeringexperience in the chemical/petrochemical industry with at least 5 years of project management experience
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies.
- Experience leveraging outside services in completion of engineering, procurement, and construction services to complete projects either as a whole or in pieces.
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents.
- Ability to supervise multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to drive collaboration across multiple sites.
- Thorough knowledge of project controls and cost forecasting.
- Ability to prepare and analyze critical path schedules.
- Thorough understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement.
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure.
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment.
Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering (Required)