Albemarle Corporation is seeking a Project Engineer/Manager with CAPEX project responsibility at the Bayport, TX manufacturing facility. This roll will primarily function as a project engineer/manager managing multiple site manufacturing projects and is accountable for achieving safety, operability, schedule and cost goals on assigned projects. Candidate must be highly motivated to manage and execute projects from concept through start-up with a cross functional team.
- Work with cross functional team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders; including meetings, setting of priorities, evaluating comments/requests and ensuring stakeholder’s approval.
- Maintain quality and timeliness of safety activities and deliverables throughout the project delivery process.
- Coordinate resource requirements with other ongoing project work and ensure all stakeholder expectations are aligned.
- Lead project team in generation and review of technical documents.
- Identify and manage scope changes through the project change order system.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and project documentation requirements.
- Implementation of project controls and cost forecasting.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in the chemical/petro-chemical industry.
- Experience with SAP project module and other basic SAP transactions.
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups.
- Procurement and construction services to complete projects both as a whole or in pieces.
- Understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement.
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure.
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment.
- Basic understanding of constructability reviews and other value improving practices.
- High level of ownership with assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.