Lynxnet, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima LLC is an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) and SBA 8(a) disadvantaged business providing proven and dependable system modernization services and IT program support. Our team is committed to satisfying our customer’s requirements by applying quality subject matter expertise and innovative technical solutions to every project through continual process improvement. Whatever the job may be, the Lynxnet Team will tailor each operation to ensure mission accomplishment, security, reliability and flexibility. With our ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Management System, our clients can rest assured that they are working with a company that meets the highest criteria of a globally recognized industry standard. firstname.lastname@example.org PRIMARY FUNCTION Provides strategic project management, engineering and technology integration oversight for existing and new projects that require expertise across a variety of C4IT and telecommunications systems. For the purpose of this requirement, the incumbent is expected to support both the identification and delivery of new projects from concept through completion as well as managing existing projects. Responsibilities:
- Fully understand and provide day-to-day project management and administrative oversight for the U.S. Coast Guards District 17 throughout Alaska supporting the U.S. Coast Guard’s Rescue 21 Alaska VHF Communication system (R21-AK), the CG Digital Selective Calling system (DSC-AK), the CG Nationwide Automatic Identification System (NAIS), the CG Vessel Traffic Service (VTS), and the CG Alaska Network system and remote sites in Port Valdez and Prince William Sound Alaska.
- Must be able to effectively manage personnel that are remotely separated across 100’s of miles.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the U.S. Coast Guard’s inventory system(s) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)/Government Furnished Property (GFP) processes and be able to manage the logistics and movement of parts and materials from a managed warehouse facility to remote sites throughout Alaska.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; conducting audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements and implementing change as required.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Reconciliation of manual and system generated reports to track funding burn rates and project revenues and modifications.
- Supports contract management by applying service delivery management best practices (e.g. PMI based practices).
- Anticipates, identifies and responds to all issues associated with contract execution and customer satisfaction in support of business operations.
- Develops strategies and work plans for accomplishing customer tasking and achieving stated requirements and objectives.
- Develops and maintains program performance criteria for evaluating and reporting on the contract and sub-task(s).
- Interface with and effectively and openly communicate customers and subcontractors, attend project required progress meetings (deliverables, etc.) to ensure contractual requirements and customer expectations are met.
- Responsible for customer relationship management for existing and new or potential customers.
- Represent the values and commitment of Lynxnet to customers and teaming partners.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience with DHS/USCG or DoD projects that required managing multiple, simultaneous projects with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to meet objectives driven by firm deliverable deadlines
- Must be able to multi task, remain flexible, and be willing to adjust to evolving requirements.
- Knowledge of organizational planning, business process re-engineering, information management, and standard government acquisition processes.
- Demonstrated application and use of standard program/project management processes and tools.
- Secret or above security clearance.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Operational U. S. Coast Guard experiencepreferred.
- Experience with Costpoint accounting and Cognos reports systems.
- Strong working knowledge of SharePoint Data Management, Collaboration, and Workflow processes.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Candidate will be permanently located in the Anchorage Alaska region. May need to travel, but not more than 10% of the year.