The Project Manager will provide project planning and project management leadership for the Protein division’s New Product Development team. This will include the responsibility to facilitate completion of projects efficiently and effectively to meet business expectations with regards to time, cost, quality and delivery for assigned projects.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist business leaders in defining, developing, and documenting project management plans and charters
- Ensure project scope and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget by increasing awareness of a project’s open tasks and working to meet deadlines by the team members
- Work closely with all departments, such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, R&T, Technical Service, etc. to ensure all are in alignment on a project
- Analyze project plans and schedules for discrepancies, delays, risks, etc. and make recommendations on improvement opportunities
- Facilitate regularly scheduling project reviews with the project sponsor and project stakeholders to provide management visibility to the status of the project.
- Deliver best practice Project Management support to cross-functional projects and project teams, utilizing the procedures, methodologies, and tools.
- Ensure appropriate resource utilization and allocation at key project lifecycle decision points
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of business related experience
- 2 or more years of experience in project management
- PMP certification preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to anticipate problems and propose solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to deliver on-schedule and within budget
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BS or higher in technical or business related field