About the Business:
Professional Services is a part of Bank Solutions, a division that is responsible for providing financial services technology to banks with assets of $50 billion and under in the United States. Bank Solutions is the company’s largest division and distributionchannel for enterprise solutions generating revenue in excess of two billion dollars. Professional Services role is to execute on client implementations, drive significant increases in market share and revenue, and maximize opportunities for additional revenues, such as business improvement consulting engagements, re-implementations, and opportunities for additional Fiserv products and services. We develop service offerings that focus on accelerating implementations, providing prescriptive consulting approaches, creating and evolving best practices, and generating greater ROI for clients.
The purpose of the Project Manager’s job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. The Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas. The Project Manager is expected to work under minimal supervision.
1. Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
2. Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
3. Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
4. Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
5. Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
6. Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
7. Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
8. Facilitate alignment and approach for all related Fiserv business areas to meet One Fiserv Objectives.
9. Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
10. Manage third party relationships involved in the overall implementation project to include scheduling activities, maintaining budget control and insuring deliverables are properly defined and completed on schedule.
11. Serve as an advisor to client organizations in order to bring Fiserv products or other 3rd party products to clients as part of a comprehensive banking solution that meets client’s business requirements and vision.
12. Ensure Clarity is updated with current forecasts and actual time for all assigned projects and tasks. Communicate all changes to schedule and scope on a timely basis.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelordegree in business or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience
- Knowledge of- and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycles
- Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
- Experience in driving large scale projects within an organization
- Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
- Possesses the following key skills/behaviors:
- Stakeholder Partnership:
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders/customers across Fiserv to maximize program effectiveness and influence
- Poised and composed interaction with all levels of the organization (within Division), including senior-level audience
- Ability to practically apply project management concepts to facilitate the achievement of business objectives ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals
- Team Leadership:
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate project team, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace
- Ability to lead and influence with minimal direction from sponsor or manager
- Accountability & Commitment:
- Ability to achieve project outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction
- Ability to identify project obstacles and proactively mitigate risks. Escalates and resolves complex issues effectively
- Learning Agility:
- Ability to quickly grasps complex concepts and conveys concepts in a way that is easily understood by others
- Ability to incorporate feedback and adjust plans or approach
- Business Acumen:
- Ability to provide a holistic view by coordinating with and monitoring all impacted business processes from initiation to delivery
- Ability to explain the business rationale and benefits of change to client, including impacts to project
- Problem Solving:
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to effectively and quickly solve complex problems rather than symptoms
- Process Adherence:
- Ability to engage in project initiating activities such as identifying stakeholders, identifying project management approach, defining roles and responsibilities, etc.
- Ability to use proven project management methods and practices to facilitate the achievement of project outcomes
- Ability to provide a complete view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries
- Utilization of Project Management tools
- Approximately 20-25% travel
Job ID R-10080456