This is a global non-technical campaign and project management role, responsible worldwide for planning and executing strategic projects with internal stake holders and key academic research personnel, creating positive bias for Synopsys’s EDA tools amongst professors and students. It plays the critical function in increasing the market segment share Synopsys has in academia.
A successful candidate has not only versatile university program background, but also proven track record of planning and executing cross functional projects. He or she is agile, flexible, and willing to roll up the sleeves to get things done.
Responsibilities and Duties
- On university software program, he or she will help increase popularity of Synopsys technology in the classroom by:
- Enhance the foundation and process of the university software program with partners across the company to effectively lower the barriers of adoption and increase visibility of tool usage;
- Working with international sales and engineering field teams, to manage, staff and organize events such as design contests, presentations at conferences, to increase exposure and enhance Synopsys brand recognition;
- On academic partnerships, he or she will leverage existing relationships with key university professors to,
- increase access to talent pipeline through appropriate student activities like contests or PhD forums;
- support like-minded hiring managers to get started with networking and sourcing PhD talent;
- support sponsoring negotiations of all sort of sponsorships.
- Establish internal processes to scale university outreach through a new university ambassador program
- Leveraging employees’ relationships to universities
- Increasing face time to professors and teaching staff
- Deploying new technology and strengthen existing technology in education
- Expand role to handle more projects and initiatives
- MS in Communications, Business management or similar;
- 3+ years of experiences in University Program management preferably in high tech or EDA industry and/or semiconductor ecosystem;
- Strengths in creativity, communication skills and speed and communication strategy;
- A methodical and yet creative project manager. Proficient in developing, coordinating, executing, managing, measuring and reporting assigned projects;
- A collaborative partner with high Emotional Intelligence and a result-oriented doer;
- An excellent communicator.