The project manager drives the execution of on-time and on-budget project deliveries. He/she develops both a business and technology project strategy together with other Siemens business units. He/she will lead a small team responsible to align with business units project goals and execute the engineering efforts required to support the conversion of the R&D results into Siemens Healthcare product quality solutions, in compliance to medical quality standards.
The ideal candidate should have a BS/MS in computer science or engineering, and 5+ years of industry experience in leading R&D projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Expertise in leading software development to deployment is a must. Candidate should be fluent in authoring software requirements and specifications. Solid domain knowledge in software workflows and development cycle is necessary. Solid track record in the planning and execution of large R&D projects with good customer satisfaction is a strong plus.
Successful candidate must also be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law. The position will require 30% domestic and international travel.
What are my responsibilities?
• Development and implementation of the project deliveries
• Strategic planning of project deliverables and development of new projects leveraging group technology and expertise in close cooperation with the Research Group Head.
• Acquisition and utilization of knowledge concerning the internal and external trends in the represented technical areas (business and technology).
• Collect project performance indicators and continuous improvements.
• Focus on applying deep technological knowledge to develop new solutions for the future.
• Use of customer and business understanding to optimize value added.
• Interaction with colleagues and internal customers on a global basis as well as leading universities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
o BS/MS or comparable experience in computer science or engineering.
o 5+ years of experience leading R&D teams or projects
o Expertise in leading development of cloud based software applications
o Consulting experience with a high end customer service orientation in dealing with internal and external customers
o Experience in best practices software development and application of agile processes for project management and quality control.
o Knowledge on off-the-shelf tools for software development and project management
o Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal & written) and English language skills required.
o Willingness to travel 10%+ domestic/international
o Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export
Requisition Number: 223308