Digital Health (http://sharedhealthmb.ca/services/digital-health) provides the right information at the right time to the right people in the right place. We provide technology that enables health-care providers to deliver safe, high-quality services; patients and families to access the information they need to maintain their health; and health-system managers to provide improved, sustainable access to health-care services throughout Manitoba. We are passionate about our work and those we support. We value new ideas and diverse perspectives, and encourage innovative thinking. We take our work seriously and we have fun. With you, we will help make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours through digital health, please apply today.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager 3 who will report to the director and manage all aspects of project lifecycles valued over $5 million including vendor evaluation/selection, project initiation, planning, delivery and project closure activities. You will provide leadership to all project resources to ensure successful project delivery, and mentor members of the project management team in adherence to the use of organizationally defined best practices, methodologies and tools. You will be an energizing force, motivating others to fulfill project goals and objectives, and your focus on customer service will be evident as you demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in your client relationships.
- You have 7 years of experience working in a project manager or project director role managing large, complex projects valued at $5 million or greater with multiple internal and external stakeholders and complex vendor relationships.
- Experience managing projects within a health care facility environment within Manitoba is an asset.
- You have an undergraduate degree in management or computer science from an accredited educational institution; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A graduate level degree in management is an asset.
- Project certification from an accredited institution, especially in those methodologies and frameworks used in our environment, are assets.
Qualifications and Skills
- You demonstrate personal leadership that includes self-awareness and self-management competencies that will be evident in how you plan, organize and prioritize time and resources. Honesty, integrity, resilience and confidence are evident in your actions.
- You engage others through effective communication, collaboration and team-building to achieve personal, professional and organizational goals.
- You achieve results by setting direction, aligning decisions and actions with the organization’s vision and values, assessing and evaluating outcomes, and taking accountability for results.
- You develop coalitions, partnerships and networks to mobilize knowledge, and navigate the socio-political environment to improve services and outcomes for clients.
- You apply effective analysis and critical thinking that supports innovation and change, and demonstrate a strategic, future-focused orientation.
- Some important requirements of this job include:
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate the service requirements of source system organizations and support our 24/7/365, province-wide client needs through scheduled overtime as required.
- The ability to work safely in a typical office environment and to lift and move items of up to approximately 25 pounds.
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of your personal motor vehicle for occasional travel within Manitoba.