Jeppesen is looking for a SAFe Agile Project Manager. This role is responsible for developing overall project plans consistent with project objectives as defined by the Product Owner and key stakeholders in accordance with organizational project management standards. You will be encouraged to contribute to initiatives related to project management and execution process improvements. A person in this position must interact effectively throughout the organization in order to achieve the project financial, schedule, and scope objectives. This position requires a high level of autonomy while promoting a collaborative team environment.
- Fulfill the duties of the AgileScrum Master for software development projects.
- Fulfill the duties of a SAFe Release Train Engineer as needed.
- Support and advocate for the Scrum Team when needed. Promote empowerment of the team to self-organize and implement process improvements. Ensure each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality.
- Working with the Product Owner and Product Manager, help to define project priorities, scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports and metrics; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Coordinate with the organizational PMO leader and other SM/RTE’s in Scrum of Scrums, Release Management, PI Planning, and organizational continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in an aviation or engineering related field of study
- 6+ years domain or discipline related work experience
- 3-5 years in a team or project lead position
- Certified AgileScrum Master is preferred
- Certified SAFe Scrum Master is preferred
- LEAN training/experience is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership, analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technical individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- An inner drive, strong curiosity and energizing mode is very much appreciated and valued.
Strong experience with appropriate tools:
- Jira and Confluence
- MS Office Tools